In astonishingly beautiful Portugal, we'll discover charming villages, a dramatic coastline, fairytale palaces and flower-covered landscapes. Begin in Porto—where port wine originated—with a wander through the medieval lanes of the old district and the postcard-perfect Douro riverfront. In Gothic Coimbra we'll visit both the university and the stunning cathedral before arriving in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Evora—with its Roman roots, a cultural oasis for over 2,000 years. Discover white-sand beaches and tranquil fishing villages in the Algarve, Portugal's resort-lined coast, and visit Cape St. Vincent, thought to be the edge of the world before the Age of Discovery. Colorful Lisbon has old-world neighborhoods, the Moorish Alfama Quarter, world-class art and museums, mosaic sidewalks, red-tiled roofs, tiny fado clubs and monuments to the explorers.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Porto and Lisbon to Boston, via a connecting city
- Seven nights' four-star accommodations
- Ten meals: seven breakfasts, three dinner with wine or beer
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional Tour Director
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–3 NH Batalha, Porto
- DAY 4 Muralhas, Evora
- DAYS 5–6 Tivoli Lagos, Algarve
- DAYS 7–8 Zenit Lisboa, Lisbon
- DAY 9 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Porto, Portugal
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Porto tour including Old-World Ribeira district; Coimbra tour including the university and cathedral. Evora tour; Algarve coast, visit Lagos, Sagres and Cape St. Vincent. Lisbon tour including Jeronimos Monastery, Belem Tower and Alfama district. OPTIONALS: Porto—Douro River Cruise and port wine cellars. Lisbon—Fado Dinner and Show; Sintra and Portuguese Riviera. LISBON 2n post-tour extension $309 pp/do. OPTIONALS: Fatima Shrines and Basilicas; Medieval Obidos and Nazare.
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
$2,919 for single reservations. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $450.