In astonishing Portugal—with its abundance of sunshine—you'll discover charming villages, a dramatic coastline, fairytale palaces, stunning monuments and flower-covered landscapes. A four-night stay in Lisbon offers a chance to explore this colorful city of old-world neighborhoods adorned with gothic cathedrals, towers and tiny fado clubs. Next, we fly to the Azores archipelago—a “jewel in the Atlantic”—and spend four nights in Ponta Delgada on St. Michael. You'll visit the magnificent twin lakes (inside a volcanic crater) of Sete Cidades (Seven Cities) and Lagoa do Fogo (Fire Lake). On Madeira, “the pearl of the Atlantic,” you'll find a dramatic mountain landscape with a springtime climate, traditional villages, banana plantations, vineyards and amazing scenery.
$3,999 per person double occupancy
$3,969 per person triple occupancy; $4,599 for single reservations. Single reservations for this tour are limited. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Cancellation waiver and travel insurance is $315. Although not required, we recommend purchasing the waiver. Purchase must be made at time of booking. Passport required. Per person deposit is $600. Instant purchase airfare may be available at a lower rate. Call for details.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights fromBoston to Lisbon, via a connecting city
- Private sedan transfers within 50 miles of Boston's Logan Airport (one car per booking)
- Internal flights: Lisbon to St. Michael, Azores; St. Michael to Madeira Island; Madeira Island to Lisbon
- Eleven nights' first-class accommodations
- Eighteen meals: eleven breakfasts, one lunch, six dinners
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional Tour Director
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Altis Grand Hotel, Lisbon
- DAYS 5–8 Royal Garden Hotel, Sao Miguel, Azores
- DAYS 9–11 Pestana Casino Park Hotel, Funchal, Madeira Island
- DAY 12 Atlis Grand Hotel, Lisbon
- DAY 13 Overnight flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Porto, Portugal
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Lisbon tour: Alfama Quarter, Jeronimo's Monastery, the Monument to the Discoveries and the Tower ofBelem. Visit Sintra, Cascais, Estoril, Fatima. Azores: walking tour of Ponta Delgada, the Twin Lakes of Sete Cidades, Furnas Valley, Terra Nostra Botanical Park. Madeira: Botanical Gardens, Funcal panoramic tour, village of Camara de Lobos, fishing village of Porto Moniz. OPTIONALS: Cascais—Dinner at Queluz Palace. Azores—Swimming with dolphins; kayaking and hiking; whale & dolphin watching (weather permitting).