An ancient town perched high above blue seas and decorated with blazing-red bougainvillea framing white-washed buildings, Taormina is Sicily’s jewel and ranked #4 of “best spring destinations” by Condé Nast Traveller. We’ll spend seven nights at the Continental Hotel, located in the heart of Old Town just steps from Corso Umberto—the main pedestrian street—and get acquainted on a half-day walking tour. A highlight of our week will be a hands-on cooking class with Chef Massimo Tomarchio that begins with a guided visit to the local market! Enjoy an excursion to Catania, a port city nestled in the foothills of grumbling, old Mount Etna, for a visit to its bustling street market, followed by a winery visit and lunch at an estate on the slopes of the volcano!...and Siracusa, to visit the spectacular archaeological site and beautiful Ortigia Island. Our relaxing week winds down with a free day to explore on our own.
$2,799 per person double occupancy
Single supplement is $375. We have a limited number of single supplements available at just $250. Call to reserve. Triple accommodations may be available upon request. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $300.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled Alitalia Airlines flights from Boston to Catania,via Rome (land only pricing available if you prefer to make your own air arrangements)
- Six nights' three-star accommodations: Hotel Continental, Taormina
- Welcome cocktail and tour presentation
- Nine meals: six breakfasts, three dinners with wine at local restaurants
- One hands-on cooking lesson followed by lunch
- Wine tasting and lunch
- Escorted, private, round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional local Tour Manager
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Taormina, Italy
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Taormina half-day guided walking tour. Market visit and hands-on cooking class, followed by lunch. Excursion to Catania and visit to Barone di Villagrande winery estate for tasting and lunch. Excursion to Siracusa archaeological park and Ortigia Island.