Tuscany is, for some, quintessential Italy: vineyards and rows of cypress trees, small historic hilltowns, gorgeous medieval cities and astonishing art! With a nod to our popular Classic Tuscany vacation, we’ve started with the best—a short stay in Montecatini Terme with excursions to Lucca: an almost perfectly preserved jewel of medieval architecture, fascinating San Gimignano and “art-ful” Florence. During this new holiday we’ll also stay in Siena—thought by many to be Italy’s loveliest medieval city with its unique scallop-shaped Piazza del Campo. We’ve added excursions to ancient Volterra, memorable Monteriggioni, tiny Pienza—delightfully crowded with Renaissance architecture, historic Montepulciano—whose hill-top perch makes an enduring image of Tuscany, Montalcino—world renowned for the precious Brunello red wine and Greve in Chianti for a visit of Castello di Verrazzano for lunch and wine tasting.
$3,199 per person double occupancy
Single supplement is $445. We have a limited number of single supplements available at just $250. Call to reserve. Triple accommodations may be available upon request. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $300.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled Alitalia Airlines flights from Boston to Florence, via Rome (land only pricing available if you prefer to make your own air arrangements)
- Seven nights' four-star accommodations
- Welcome cocktail and tour presentation
- Fourteen meals: seven breakfasts, three lunches with wine, four dinners with wine
- Escorted, private, round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional local Tour Manager
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2-5 Hotel Athena, Siena
- DAYS 6-8 Grand Hotel Plaza, Montecatini Terme
- DAY 9 Return flight to Boston
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Florence, Italy
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Siena: walking tour, admission to Cathedral and Libreria Piccolomini. Excursion to Volterra with visit of Etruscan Museum, San Gimignano and Monteriggioni. Excursion to Piena, Montepulciano and Montalcino, lunch with wine at a local restaurant. Visit Greve in Chianti, Castello di Verrazzano wie cellars and gardens, lunch with wine. Excursion to Lucca with admission to Palazzo Mansi, lunch with wine. Excursion to Florence, walking tour and free time.