Experience rich culture, impressive architecture and culinary delights against a backdrop of soaring alpine peaks. Begin in sophisticated lake-side Lucerne and explore the winding, medieval-era streets of the Old Town. Cross into France for a boat cruise around Lake Annecy, offering panoramic views of the breathtaking mountains that inspired Paul Cezanne. Visit the picturesque valley and charming resort village of Chamonix at the base of Mont Blanc. Cross the border into Italy and spend the day on Lake Como as we visit Villa Carlotta, an elegant 18th century Italian estate surrounded by 14 acres of gardens. Soak up the views from chic St. Moritz, visit Innsbruck, capital of the Austrian Tyrol, and Munich for a guided tour and a day to explore on our own.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Zurich and Munich to Boston, via a connecting city
- Eleven nights' three- and four-star accommodations
- Sixteen meals: eleven breakfasts, five dinners with wine or beer
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of a professional Tour Director
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–3 Grand Hotel Europe, Lucerne
- DAYS 4–5 Hotel Novotel Annecy Centre Atria, Annecy
- DAYS 6–7 Albergo Firenze, Lake Como region
- DAY 8 Hotel Laudinella, St. Moritz
- DAYS 9–10 Hotel Innsbruck, Innsbruck
- DAYS 11–12 Holiday Inn Munich City Centre, Munich
- DAY 13 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Lucerne, Bern, Geneva, Lake Annecy, Chamonix, Lake Como region, Villa Carlotta, St. Moritz, Liechtenstein, Innsbruck, Munich. OPTIONALS: Lucerne—Mount Pilatus. Lake Como—Lake Cruise and Bellagio. Innsbruck—Neuschwanstein Castle. Munich—Dachau. SALZBURG 2n post-tour extension $449 pp/do land. OPTIONALS: Mozart Concert and dinner; Eagle's Nest excursion with salt mines.
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Munich, Germany
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
Prices are per person double occupancy. $5,119 for single reservations. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $450.