East meets West in Morocco—a country of ancient cities and rich traditions. Begin in Marrakech—“the epitome of exotic,” says Rick Steves. Travel the High Atlas Mountains to Ait-Ben-Haddou where Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator were filmed. Visit the oasis town of Rissai, enjoy a jeep ride through the Sahara Desert and see the holy town of Moulay Idriss Zerhoun. In Fes, Morocco's cultural capital, look for ceramics in Fes blue (cobalt), the signature of traditional Fes pottery. Our holiday of sounds, colors and fragrances ends in Casablanca with its French Art Deco architecture and fashionable La Corniche waterfront.
RESERVE BY : May 31, 2019
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Marrakech and Casablanca to Boston, via a connecting city
- Ten nights' accommodations
- Nineteen meals: ten breakfasts, three lunches, six dinners
- Round-trip, airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional Tour Director
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Radisson Blu Hotel, Marrakech
- DAY 5 Berber Palace, Ouarzarazte
- DAYS 6–7 Kasbah Hotel Xaluca Arfoud, Sahara Desert Region
- DAYS 8–10 Fes Marriott, Fes
- DAY 11 Golden Tulip Farah Hotel, Casablanca
- DAY 12 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Marrakech, Morocco
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Marrakech: Koutoubia Mosque, the Medina, Bahia Palace Saadian Tombs, open air markets and souks. Moroccan cuisine cooking class and lunch. High Atlas Mountains, Ait-Ben-Haddou, Ouarzazate. Kasbah of Taourirt, Visit Kalaat M’Gouna, Todra Gorge. Mausoleum of Moulay Ali Cherif, Erg Chebbi sand dunes of the Sahara Desert, 4x4 Jeep ride through the desert, visit a Bedouin tent for traditional mint tea and snacks, camel ride over the sand dunes. UNESCO-recognized Roman Archaeological Site of Volubilis and holy town of Moulay Idriss Zerhoun. Meknes tour including the Bab Mansour gate. Fes tour including the Mellah Jewish Quarter, old Medina and Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss. Rabat tour including the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the Kasbah des Oudaias to see the mouth of the Bou Regreg river and the Andalusian gardens. Casablanca tour including the Hassan II Mosque and La Corniche waterfront area. OPTIONALS: Marrakech—Moroccan evening & sunset camel ride. Fes—Evening in Fes with dinner & music.
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. $4,209 for single reservations. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $600.