Safari—in Swahili—means (roughly) “journey, to travel”! Tanzania is a safari destination without peer—with the largest concentration and diversity of animals in Africa and some of the world’s most treasured national parks and game reserves.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Kilimanjaro Airport/Arusha, via a connecting city
- Nine nights' accommodations
- 27 meals: nine breakfasts, eight lunches, ten dinners
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional Tour Director
- Tarangire National Park: less crowded than other national parks in Tanzania, 10 times larger than Manyara, known for its breathtaking baobab trees and stunning natural beauty
- Lake Manyara National Park: a mini Serengeti, vast and varied wildlife, tree-climbing lions are the superstars here – but are elusive
- Serengeti National Park: fascinating park presents all kinds of ecosystems which allows it to host a variety of plants, birds and animals, one of the most coveted safari destinations in Africa
- Ngorongoro Conservation Crater: formed millions of years ago, the Ngorongoro Crater protected itself with walls that rose to heights of 400 to 600 meters, nature was allowed to run free here and create some of the most exotic species of plants and animals that the world has ever seen
Eight game drives, 4x4 Land Cruiser Safari Vehicle. Tarangire National Park, visit community school, Lake Manyara National Park, tour authentic boma, learn about the Masai tribe, Great Rift Valley, Lake Manyara flamingos, Serengeti National Park, Moru Kopjes granite formations, Seronera Valley, Masai cave art, Olduvai Gorge Iraqw village, Ngorongoro Crater intact caldera. OPTIONALS: KENYA 4n post-tour extension $1,499 pp/do land.
- DAY 1 Flight from Boston
- DAY 2 The Arusha Hotel, Arusha
- DAYS 3–4 Tarangire Sopa Lodge, Tarangire National Park
- DAY 5 Manyara Kilima Moja Lodge, Manyara
- DAYS 6–8 Serengeti Sopa Lodge, Serengeti National Park
- DAYS 9–10 Endoro Lodge, Ngorongoro Region
- DAYS 11–12 Overnight flight to Boston
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Arusha, Tanzania
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy. $7,399 for single reservations. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport and visa required. Per person deposit is $600.