This exclusive Travel Club vacation combines two astonishing destinations brimming with thousands of years of history, extraordinary art and architecture, sumptuous cuisine and stunning scenery. Rome is an immense open-air museum with a treasure to be found on every corner. We'll introduce you to this eternal city on a panoramic coach tour and include a half-day visit to St. Peter's Square and Basilica and the Vatican Museum. A short flight brings us to Valletta, the 16th-century fortified capital of Malta, with its Renaissance cathedrals and baroque palaces, a vibrant café culture, eclectic shops and historic cobbled streets packed with 320 monuments. An ancient Mediterranean trading hub, Malta's culture is a mix of Italian, French, North African and Greek—all with a hint of English—in this former British colony where English is the official second language. We've arranged a highlights tour of Valletta and Mdina and an amazing full-day excursion that visits the island of Gozo and the Citadel in Victoria.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled Alitalia Airlines flights from Boston to Rome, Rome to Malta and Malta to Boston, via Rome
- Seven nights' three- and four-star accommodations
- Breakfast daily
- Welcome dinner, with wine, in Rome
- Welcome dinner, with wine, in Malta
- Two lunches, with wine, in Malta
- Farewell dinner, with wine and entertainment, in Malta
- Escorted, private, round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional local guide during excursions
Rome: half-day guided tour of Vatican and St. Peter's Basilica with skip-the-line admission; half-day guided panoramic motorcoach tour. Malta: full-day excursion of Valletta and Mdina including The Cathedral, The Grand Master's Palace and waking tour of Modina; full-day excursion to Gozo including admission to Ggantija Temples, lunch and the Citadel in Victoria.
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Hotel Universo, Rome
- DAYS 5–8 Hotel Valentina, St. Julian’s, Malta
- DAY 9 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Rome, Italy
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. SINGLE FRIENDLY PRICING. Single supplement is $485. We have a limited number of single supplements available at just $350. Call to reserve. Triple accommodations may be available upon request. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $300.