“The gorgeous island of Sicily continues to seduce travellers with its dazzling diversity of landscapes and cultural treasures.”—Lonely Planet. Join us this Spring as we explore Sicily—from the storied streets of Palermo to the most famous of all Italian resort towns—Taormina. In between, we'll visit the picture-perfect town of Erice and travel the famous Salt Road. Explore the Valley of the Temples archaeological site in Agrigento—the most important testimony of ancient, classical culture in Sicily—and stop in Piazza Armerina to see the mosaics of the Roman villa. An ancient town perched high above blue seas and decorated with blazing red bougainvillea framing white-washed buildings, Taormina is Sicily's jewel. During our stay we'll enjoy a guided walking tour and a visit to Catania for a stop at the open air market and lunch and wine tasting on the slopes of Mount Etna.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled Alitalia Airlines flights from Boston to Palermo and Catania to Boston, via Rome (land only pricing available if you prefer to make your own air arrangements)
- Seven nights' three- and four-star accommodations
- Welcome beverage at the hotel
- Thirteen meals: seven breakfasts, two lunches, four dinners with wine
- Escorted, private, round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional local Tour Manager
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Hotel Al Madarig, Castellammare del Golfo
- DAY 5 Colleverde Park Hotel, Agrigento
- DAYS 6–8 Hotel Continental, Taormina
- DAY 9 Flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Full-day excursion to Palermo and Monreale. Excursion to Erice, the Salt Road, admission to the Salt Museum, Segesta and the Greek Temple and lunch at Trattoria del Sale. Agrigento: walking tour of Valley of the Temples. Stop in Piazza Armerina to see Roman villa. Taormina guided walking tour including the Greek-Roman Theatre. Excursion to Catania with visit to open air market, lunch with wine at the Estate of Barone di Villagrande on slopes of Mt. Etna.
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Palermo, Italy
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. SINGLE FRIENDLY PRICING. Single supplement is $315. We have a limited number of single supplements available at just $250. Call to reserve. Triple accommodations may be available upon request. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $300.