Imagine a region of northern Italy that borders Venice in the east, the Dolomites in the north, breathtaking Lake Garda to the west and the ancient cities of Shakespeare's Italy to the south. That's Veneto—a region noted for prosecco, art cities and stunning landscapes. Our homebase is Castelfranco Veneto, with its charmingly tiny old town, complete with medieval walls, towers and a moat. We'll visit Verona for a look at its incredible architecture before lunch at an agriturismo on Lake Garda. Enjoy an excursion with stops in Marostica, Bassano del Grappa—with its famous ancient wooden bridge and Asolo, one of Italy's most famous medieval borgos and a legendary watering spot for the rich and famous. Explore the Palladian villas of Vicenza and spend a day in incomparable Venice. A highlight of this holiday is an excursion to Cison di Valmarino—Borghi più Belli d'Italia (one of “the most beautiful villages in Italy") and Treviso—with its medieval city walls, lots of pretty canals, narrow cobbled streets and frescoed churches.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Round-trip regularly scheduled Alitalia Airlines flights from Boston to Venice, via Rome (land only pricing available if you prefer to make your own air arrangements)
- Seven nights' four-star accommodations: Hotel Alla Torre, Castelfranco Veneto (or similar)
- Welcome beverage
- Thirteen meals: seven breakfasts, two agriturismo/winery lunches, four dinners with wine at local restaurants
- Wine tasting with snacks at Duca di Dolle Winery
- Escorted round-trip, private airport/hotel transfers
- Services of professional local Tour Manager
Excursion to Verona with guided tour. Visit Agriturismo Valle degli Ulivi family-run farm for olive oil tasting and lunch. Visit to Sirmione on Lake Garda. Full-day excursion to Marostica, Bassano del Grappa and Asolo. Excursion to Vicenza to see the Palladian villas. Excursion to Cison di Valmarino village, winery visit with light lunch and tour of Treviso. Excursion to Venice.
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Venice, Italy
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
PRICING AND DEPOSIT
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. SINGLE FRIENDLY PRICING. Single supplement is $195. We have a limited number of single supplements available at just $100. Call to reserve. Triple accommodations may be available upon request. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $300.