THIS EXTRAORDINARY RAIL JOURNEY FROM ROME TO VENICE with stops in Bologna and Verona is an exploration of some of Italy's most stunning cities. Accompanied by a professional Tour Manager and with “worry-free” luggage service, sit back and enjoy the changing landscape on this marvelous adventure. Rome is a treasure trove of ancient ruins, glorious cathedrals, whimsical fountains and piazzas made for people watching. Enjoy the two-hour rail journey to Bologna—the lively, historic capital of Emilia-Romagna—with its perfectly preserved medieval center and miles of arcaded streets overhung with arched colonnades. You'll get acquainted with this marvelous city on an afternoon food and wine walking tour. Discover Verona on a walking tour followed by dinner and a performance at the outstanding Verona Opera! Continue your rail journey to Venice. This exotic lagoon city, built on a hundred islands in the Adriatic, is a watery labyrinth of sun-speckled canals and arched bridges, marble palaces, piazzas both massive and tiny, narrow streets and a glorious quayside promenade. Enjoy a food and wine walking tour of Venice and discover the lagoon islands of Murano (glass-blowing) and Burano (lace making) on a boat excursion.
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Air from Boston is included.
- Premium Class train seating: Frecciarossa high-speed trains, operated by Trenitalia, reach speeds of 250 miles per hour (400 km/h) and offer maximum comfort. Frecciarossa trains are equipped with air conditioning, power outlets at each seat and a cafe car. You will receive a welcome soft-drink or coffee and small snack.
- Worry-free luggage service: all transfer and transport of your luggage is taken care of for you
- Professional Tour Manager with you from arrival to departure
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Rome and Venice to Boston, via Rome
- High-speed train ticket: Rome to Bologna, Bologna to Verona, Verona to Venice in Premium class
- Eight night's four-star accommodations
- Fourteen meals: eight American buffet breakfasts, one food and wine tasting tour, two progressive dinners with wine or beer, three restaurant dinners with wine or beer
- Escorted, private, round-trip airport/hotel and hotel/train station transfers by De Luxe Minivan or Coach
- Worry-free luggage service (1 piece per passenger) during all transfers
- Professional English speaking Tour Manager for the entire duration of the tour
- Admission fees: Vatican Museums and Colosseum in Rome
- Hotel city taxes
- Free WIFI HOT SPOT device
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Bettoja Hotels: Mediterraneo, Rome
- DAYS 5–6 Starhotels Excelsior, Bologna
- DAY 7 Hotel Leon d'Oro, Verona
- DAYS 8–9 Hotel Continental, Venice
- DAY 10 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Rome: “Best of Rome” guided walking tour at twilight with street food and wine; Skip the Line: Vatican Museums guided tour including the Sistine Chapel; Colosseum and Ancient Rome guided walking tour; day at leisure. Bologna: “Food and Wine” guided walking tour, day at leisure. Verona: guided walking tour, ticket to Verona Opera in the Verona Arena. Venice: “Food and Wine” guided walking tour; excursion to lagoon islands of Murano and Burano.
Bel Canto Tour Route Map
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Rome, Italy
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Pricing and Deposit
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $600.