THE PERFECT INTRODUCTION TO ITALY! Visit three iconic cities, traveling by convenient and comfortable high-speed trains in premium class and accompanied by a professional Tour Manager. Begin in Rome—“a heady mix of haunting ruins, awe-inspiring art and vibrant street life, Italy's hotblooded capital is one of the world's most romantic and inspiring cities.”—Lonely Planet. Here you'll take a twilight stroll to some of the city's best-known landmarks and enjoy typical street food and local wine. Travel north to Florence—with more than one million works of Renaissance art, accessible artisan workshops and global fashion—where you'll see the historic center on an evening walking tour and take an excursion into the heart of Tuscany as you visit Pisa, San Gimignano and Siena. Your second train trip brings you to your hotel in Venice. “Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go.”—Truman Capote. With a day at leisure in each city to make your own discoveries, this trip is certainly THE BEST OF ITALY!
*After deadline, call 617.338.1111 for availability
- Air from Boston is included.
- Premium Class train seating: Frecciarossa high-speed trains, operated by Trenitalia, reach speeds of 250 miles per hour (400 km/h) and offer maximum comfort. Frecciarossa trains are equipped with air conditioning, power outlets at each seat and a cafe car. You will receive a welcome soft-drink or coffee and small snack.
- Worry-free luggage service: all transfer and transport of your luggage is taken care of for you
- Professional Tour Manager with you from arrival to departure
- Round-trip regularly scheduled flights from Boston to Rome and Venice to Boston, via a connecting city.
- High-speed train ticket: Rome to Florence, Florence to Venice in Premium class
- Nine night's four-star accommodations
- Fifteen meals: nine American buffet
breakfasts, one lunch with wine tasting,
one food tasting with wine, one progressive
dinner with wine or beer, three dinners with
wine or beer
- Escorted, private, round-trip airport/hotel and hotel/train station transfers by De Luxe Minivan or Coach
- Worry-free luggage service (1 piece per passenger) during all transfers
- Professional English speaking Tour Manager for the entire duration of the tour
- Admission fees: Vatican Museums and Colosseum in Rome
- Hotel city taxes
- Free WIFI HOT SPOT device
- DAY 1 Overnight flight from Boston
- DAYS 2–4 Bettoja Hotels: Mediterraneo, Rome
- DAYS 5–7 Una Vittoria, Florence
- DAYS 8–10 Hotel Continental, Venice
- DAY 10 Return flight to Boston
or similar hotel accommodations
Rome: “Best of Rome” guided walking tour at
twilight with street food and wine; Skip the Line:
Vatican Museums guided tour including the Sistine
Chapel; Colosseum and Ancient Rome guided
walking tour; day at leisure. Florence: guided
panoramic and walking tour with special Bistecca
dinner; full-day excursion to Siena, San Gimignano
and Chianti with lunch and wine tasting; day at
leisure. Venice: “Food and Wine” guided walking
tour; excursion to lagoon islands of Murano and
Burano; day at leisure.
Rome, Florence, & Venice Tour Route Map
Average Minimum and Maximum Temperatures in Rome, Italy
(clicking on image will send you to the weather data website)
Pricing and Deposit
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Fuel surcharge, air taxes and fees subject to change. Passport required. Per person deposit is $600.